Monday, February 11, 2013

Baby Om: Yoga for Mothers and Babies

Krysta strikes again with another awesome review for postnatal yoga! This is for a book, that is actually quite "user friendly". I liked it enough that I got myself one for when I have a little baby of my own.
 
"This is for the overall book but specifically for the 0-3mo routine since I haven't done the later ones yet.
I love this book. Rarely is a book able to describe yoga poses without being confusing or vague about the technique, which is why I tend to stick to DVDs. I feel like the authors do a great job with this and the included photos and sketches are helpful to reinforce the poses. I also like the concise way information is organized for the poses. There will be a photo, instructions for the pose, helpful tips on technique or problems you might need variations for, how the baby can be involved and cool facts about the benefits of the pose. The 0-3 month routine is just the right amount of stretching and mild strengthening poses to leave you energized for the day but not overwork the muscles that are still healing from pregnancy and childbirth. Baby will enjoy the changing poses and interacting with you as you move through the asanas. It is hard to describe, but everything about the approach and the way the authors give instructions is very encouraging and empowering. I feel ok with where I am and at peace with whatever progress I make that day. I highly recommend this book. One thing that would be helpful though is to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the routine or make a summary of the poses so you don't have to worry about looking at the book and turning pages while you are doing the routine."

Thanks again, Krysta!

If you are interested in finding a copy of this book, you might start looking on Amazon.com.

You might also enjoy the Baby Om website.

Happy Training! à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment