Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Feel Skinny: A light smoothie


I made this smoothie as part of my lunch during the holidays. I was so sick and tired of heavy, rich foods and I just wanted something light and refreshing! This smoothie was a perfect fix. You can have it as a snack, or with a salad, toast, or eggs, etc. to make a meal. Instead of the stuffy feeling I got after eating the holiday feasts, I felt slim and energized!

Preparation Time: 5 min.


Servings: 2, 8 oz. glasses

Ingredients:
1/2 Orange (can be frozen or fresh)
Small handful Blackberries
1/2 Banana
3-4 Strawberries
2-4 oz. Milk (substitute with rice, almond or soy milk)
2 ice cubes (optional)

Directions:
  1. Cut fresh ingredients into small enough sizes that it won't break your blender.
  2. Dump fresh ingredients into the blender.
  3. Pour liquid ingredient (milk) into blender.
  4. Pulse until smooth.
  5. Enjoy!
 I've included a picture, just for fun, of the salad I had with the smoothie. It consisted of mixed greens, cucumbers, avocados, tomatoes, and sauteed mushrooms with a balsamic vinaigrette.

Happy Training! à bientôt!

You can also see this post on my website.


No comments:

Post a Comment