Monday, December 10, 2012

Quick and Easy Lunch or Snack: for Avocado & Tomato lovers!


Here it is, back home, my guest post with DIY Divas! As I'm going into finals this week I have found this sandwich especially useful multiple times. For those of you concerned about the contaminated alfalfa sprouts, you can substitute with red onions or some other delicious topping! I used sunflower sprouts. My mother is also into healthy food, and recommended sprouting your own in a jar! Either way, it is a yummy sandwich!

 I’m excited to be sharing a delicious (and super simple) recipe with you. 

This last week has been a busy one for me, with extra rehearsals, and performances. I kept my eye out for any quick snack ideas that I could use during future rehearsals, long study days in the library, or even a lunch I could pack quickly for work or school. Here is a fast sandwich for all the DIY divas out there that lead busy lives also! Credit goes to one of my fellow dancers who I “caught” whipping this sandwich together backstage. 

Ingredients:
1/2 avocado (Sliced or not)
1 handful of sunflower sprouts (if you can’t get your hands on good sprouts substitute with red onion)
1/2 tomato (sliced)
2 slices of wheat bread

Instructions:
1. Place the avocado slices (or spread with a spoon if it is soft) on a slice of bread.
2. Arrange sprouts evenly over the slice of bread.
3. Place the amount of tomato slices you want on your sandwich.
4. Eat with pleasure!!

I'm sure that you could toast the bread beforehand, spread mayo on both slices if you want dressing, or use something other than wheat bread (pita bread, naan, lettuce wrap, etc). Needless to say, it is a simple, and delicious treat that is fast to prepare, adapt, and easy to pack in a lunch if needed.

If you want more fast recipes, exercise tips or references to great workouts then check out my website at dancebodyfitness.com OR visit my blog at dancebody.blogspot.com

à bientôt!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment