My husband and I enjoy watching Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition on ABC. I love the trainer (Chris Powell) and his ridiculously positive demeanor! When I saw this DVD I had to see what it was all about. Chris Powell takes you through three low-impact workouts that are designed for weight loss and strengthening your muscles. The only equipment needed would be a thick yoga mat, tennis shoes and a place to do this in. No weights required! If you have lost the motivation to workout over the years, or if you don't know where to start, this is a great place to look. :) I also am very pleased Chris Powell's approach to weight loss. In order to transform your body you must "transform your mind," "eat real food," and "move your body," as is visible on his blog (see the link below).
Chris has designed this to be a progression of simple and quick workouts that you can do in the comfort of your home. They are meant to be done over time as you build strength and lose weight! A fun thought about Chris Powell-- my husband and I think that he sounds and looks a lot like the Shrek version of Rumpelstiltskin. Keeps me smiling whenever he talks!
- Level I-the first step in your journey to weight loss (15 min.)
- A fast and light workout that is a perfect transition into moving your body. You can go the speed that they are going or go at your own pace.
- Level II- when level I is getting easy move on to level II (25 min.)
- a slightly longer circuit that challenges you a little more than level I. Again, you can go at your own pace if you need to, as long as you are doing the movement you will get the workout! If you have bad knees I would wear a knee brace and use the yoga mat because there are more exercises on the floor in this one. My favorite exercises from this section are the different punches. This workout can be modified for when you first transition from level I, and it is demonstrated by one of the girls in the video. Chris Powell also shows you how to do the modifications once you want to add a challenge.
- Level III-the final stage of this workout DVD (30 min.)
- More strengthening exercises than cardio in this one, just stepping up the challenge and keeping you moving! Again, there are modifications to help you transition into this circuit.
If you have mastered all three workouts then try them back-to-back to increase your endurance!
If you are interested in purchasing this DVD and getting started on your journey to a more functional body then check out the link below:
If you are interested in learning more about Chris Powell check out his website:
Happy Training! à bientôt!