Monday, July 16, 2012

TARA STILES: Strength & Energy

This post is my personal review on the Deepak Chopra & Tara Stiles  DVD Yoga Transformation: Strength and Energy. I have always been a fan of Tara Stiles since my mom introduced me to her book-Slim Calm Sexy Yoga. I have to admit that I am a little biased because I love yoga anyway, and to have a dancer as a yoga instructor I was just so excited! I'll blog about her book in a different post, this one is about the Strength and Energy DVD. I've been doing yoga almost every night the last few weeks to aid in my cross-training before the semester begins. Tonight was Tara's night. I have to admit I didn't think it would be as difficult as it was. Tara uses a lot of Down-Dog-Split which is so great for strength and flexibility. A little over halfway through the work-out she moves into some balancing, core and back-bends. By this time I was warm and "glistening" well enough that the simple balances and moving through the poses on one leg was a great addition to the workout!! Totally do-able, great for any level because it can always be adapted. Not the most difficult work-out but definitely worth it. I've included the link to the DVD below for anyone interested.


If you are a starving student and have to save up before a purchase there are some good 5-15 minute sequences on YouTube that I have compiled into a playlist. That link is just below:


Happy Training! à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment